Saturday, December 3, 2016

Plenty Extraordinary



"There's plenty extraordinary going on here, Mr. Simon. But I doubt it's the sort of thing your paper would be interested in." ~George Muller, Veggietales

Did you know, George Muller established 5 orphanages and cared for over 10,000 orphans in his life? Even though George Muller's actions looked foolish to many (caring for so many unwanted children, with seemingly no resources to do so) he continued to trust God. Many times, he did not have breakfast for the children until the last minute. But God always provided, for caring for the orphans is close to His heart.

This morning, as I see the YouCaring still sitting at one donation, I think of this story. I am aware that to many people, what my family is doing looks foolish. But I know God will provide. Is He calling you to help? Only you can answer that question. And while my fundraiser may look foolish in the eyes of the world, I am at peace with it. For I'd rather look foolish to the world than in the eyes of God. 


Matthew 6:31-32
James 1:27









5 comments:

  1. When do we get an update on Annie and her family?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Addie! I am planning to be updating the blog more in the future. For now, if you'd like to see what Annie and the rest of our family has been up to, feel free to check out: www.tingministries.blogspot.com. This blog has some more updates. Or, find Ting Ministries on Facebook! Thanks for following Annie's story!

      Delete
  2. Is there a way to donate using paypal? I don't use my credit card online... maybe others are the same way?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for bringing that to m attention! I've added a PayPal button underneath the About Me link on the sidebar. Since my blog is a branch under Ting Ministries, the Paypal is in Ting Ministries' name. Please let me know if it works!

      Delete