Saturday, May 14, 2016

Halfway There, Birthdays and Books

Hi Everyone! Now that my summer vacation has begun, I am going to be posting more blog updates. Meanwhile, here are a few things that have been happening around here...

~ Our Race to China YouCaring fund for Annie's adoption is almost halfway completed!
Please see this post at The Blessing of Verity for an update! Thank you to everyone who has been praying, sharing and giving to Annie's adoption. We have six and a half weeks to get to China before she ages out and becomes unadoptable!

~ I recently celebrated my birthday...how incredibly blessed I am...to have been plucked out of a Russian orphanage. According to The Home for Good Foundation, 60 percent of the girls who turn 16 and "age out" of the orphanage are lured into sex trafficking and 70 percent of the boys are become involved in gangs, landing in prison. 10-15 percent of these orphans commit suicide before they turn 18 years old. The Lord has blessed me, allowing me to defy these statistics for nineteen years.

~ Last week, Ting Ministries spoke at the CAFO Conference in Orlando, FL. Founder and Director, Stephanie Carpenter did a presentation on Special-Needs adoption.







No comments:

Post a Comment