Saturday, April 2, 2016

They Count the Days

Anyone who knows me, knows that I love Downton Abbey.
The characters, the time period, the upstairs-downstairs storylines... I have watched all 6 seasons, many, many times.

But what does Downton have to do with adoption?

I found this song from the final Downton Abbey soundtrack a few days ago. Please play the song and pay attention to the lyrics as you look through the pictures of this post.

I believe the lyrics echo the hopes of adoptive families, as they wait for their children to come home, looking forward to telling them, there are "So many years of loving you" ahead. I also believe the lyrics echo the dreams of orphans, as they count the days until they have a family of their own.

What if there is a child out there saying, "I'll count the days till I am yours?"
Will you come for them?



I'll count the days till I am yours


I'll save your notes from distant shores



I'll count the days hoping they'll fly
I'll spend my nights staring at the sky



Time stands still now
The world's stopped spinning




Nothing's ended or beginning

I'll count the days till, till I hold you
My heart won't rest until I do



I'll count the days till they are through
Then I'll count the years of loving you


So many years of loving you
So many years of loving you

Time stands still now
The world stops spinning

Nothing's ended or beginning



No comments:

Post a Comment